Friday, June 12, 2009

Inspired Image: Andrea of Sunshine & Molasses


Hello, my name is Andrea Breitman

You can find me at Sunshine and Molasses

This image comes from a quaint, adorable little town named Annecy in France.

It inspires me because it embodies the life that I daydream of having soon, full of quiet afternoon walks, cafes where I can sit and draw for hours, local bakers who know what breads I like and butchers who know what cut of meat I enjoy, the sound of water, the smell of peace and fresh air.

I particularly love the idea of riding my bicycle around town, picking up fresh ingredients and a bottle of wine for dinner. I also love the idea of being surrounded by folks who are interested in something other than the hustle and bustle, people who take time to say hello...

It makes me feel peaceful and hopeful.
The 3 words it conjures up are inspiring, calm, priceless.


Andrea is behind a line of super cute greeting cards that are a little quirky and a lot of fun. I like that they feel very unique and that I know that if I received one of these in my mailbox, it would totally make my day. This is the company's
self-assigned mission, which is as good a reason to make things as I've ever heard: "to bring wee bits of sunshine and happiness to an otherwise ordinary day." Check out some of the designs below and head over to her site for more info. Happy weekend everyone!




1 comment:

  1. I just set your photo as my desktop background. I absolutely love it. Your idea of the perfect day in France makes me fill up a wonderful happiness!
    Thank you for today's inspiration.

    ReplyDelete