Friday, September 4, 2009

Inspired Image: Kelly Wilkinson of Make Grow Gather


Hello, my name is Kelly Wilkinson.

You can find me at Make Grow Gather.

This image comes from a recent trip to Ireland.

It inspires me because it’s the view from atop the hill behind a family cottage in Ireland, and so many happy things have happened there. When we’re at the cottage, we read and sleep and make things and take walks all day long and heat our bathwater from the fire.

I particularly love that I look at this and can smell stones and damp air and chimney smoke.

It makes me feel so happy.

The 3 words it conjures up are long, slow days.


Kelly is an amazingly talented crafter and journalist who you can also find over at Heart Handmade. Her blog is one of my first stops when I check my google reader each day. I particularly love the apron she recently posted on her blog—very much makes me want to get to sewing.

I'm extremely excited about the coming long weekend. I feel like I've been doing a pretty decent job of really enjoying my weekends lately (by which I mean not working on the weekends) but I am definitely looking forward to an extra day to unwind. I'm sure my work sounds familiar in that there are always many things to do, and often, it feels like all of those things have to happen at the same time. That said, I feel extraordinarily fortunate to genuinely love what I am doing right now, and to feel challenged and inspired on a very regular basis. Plus, it's just plain fun. However, a girl needs a break once in a while and I intend to make the most of it!

Two things you can look forward to next week: highlights from a farm tour/heirloom tomato tasting/slow food potluck at my CSA farm on Sunday and the results of a super top secret kitchen endeavor. No details until next week but I will say that I am thankful that I have the lovely people at my test kitchen at work to consult for advice! Until Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    Thanks so much for featuring me, and your lovely words about my blog.

    Thanks for being an inspiration yourself!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete