Monday, March 15, 2010

March Mini- Print of the Month: Seedlings from Abby Try Again





















I first saw this print towards the end of last week and I've been thinking of it ever since. Amazingly, it was in the 50s here this weekend, and the sun came out yesterday afternoon just in time for a long walk. I realize that I'm not the only person who's feeling this way and I apoligize if this sounds trite, but I am so relieved that spring is coming I can't even begin to explain it. I'm not sure whether this feeling is more intense after the winter we've had in Iowa or if I've just blocked out how I've felt at the end of previous winters, but I'm esctatic to be wearing a coat without a layer of down.


This seedlings print is from Abby Powell of Abby Try Again, who is the source of many of the floral prints that I have in my house. I think having these seedlings on my wall will help me remember, in future years, this moment when the weather suddenly turns towards warmth.


This is my fourth purchase in this year's mini print of the month series, which is my commitment to buying a photography or illustration print from an independent artist each month this year. At the moment, each print is helping to add life to my guest/sewing room.



1 comment:

  1. This photo of seedlings is absolutely stunning! It makes me crave nature and want to plant.

    ReplyDelete