Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crocheted Holiday Goodness from ReRae Shop


I spent some time late last week putting up some decorations around my office work space and I am definitely in the holiday spirit. I wish that I could have draped the place in these lovely items from Rae of the ReRae shop on etsy, which I think are the perfect decorations precisely because they would work all winter long.


Crochet Garland in Natural

Here's a bit from Rae on her work:
"I have been making textile pieces since I was 13. I made many of my clothes in high school and took an almost obsessive interest in sewing. Apparel design was my focus at university and I now work as an accessories designer at a local retailer. During my career, I was lucky enough to take a trend trip to Japan and was immediately inspired by the simple and delicate care taken in curating and celebrating the small things in life. I think about the look and feel of these small, rustic and almost pioneer-like boutiques every day."



Tiny message in a bottle ornament
"I have always loved needlecrafts and the vintage lady-like mood that they convey. Working with crochet is so flexible, and has a delicate look that is contrasted well with rustic materials. I can utilize many different fibers, shapes and applications in my craft." 

I think that the vintage lady-like mood is just the thing that I also love about needlecrafts. Thanks so much for sharing a bit about what you do Rae! Check out her shop to see more colorways of these items and also brooches, necklaces and some super sweet tiny pouches.

1 comment: