Friday, October 23, 2009

Inspired Image: Jamie Lee of JL4L

Hello, my name is Jamie Lee.

You can find me at myspace.com/jl4ljewelry or JL4L.etsy.com.

This image comes from a collection of photos my boyfriend took of me, laying by the docks on Long Island, NY.

It inspires me because in this photo, I'm letting go, taking in my surroundings, and completely being myself. Something I think we all need to do once in a while. Nothing else can be more inspiring, and when I make my jewelry I always keep that in mind.

I particularly love the color of the ocean contrasted against the warm wooden docks, and the memory of the springtime sun.

It makes me feel excited to be alive.

The 3 words it conjures up are warmth, contentment, freedom.


Check out a few images of Jamie's very whimsical work:





No comments:

Post a Comment