Friday, October 2, 2009

Inspired Image: Michelle of My Zoetrope


Hello, my name is Michelle Cavigliano (aka My Zoetrope)

You can find me at
blog: my-zoetrope.blogspot.com

This image comes from
Betsy Walton

It inspires me because of the stories that it does and doesn't tell and the dreamlike stasis it invokes. The textures, patterns, neon colors, and symbolism are all so amazing!

I particularly love everything about it! But I guess if I had to choose one thing, it would be her sense of patterns and the way that there is a lot going on, but everything is still really clear.

It makes me feel creative and inspired.

The 3 words it conjures up are pensive, growth, and solitude.


Michelle is an illustrator from Brooklyn who just posted her 2010 calendar, which features work from her "friends forever" series.

Here's more about the series from Michelle: "I created this series after feeling those frustrated and sad feelings from trying to keep in touch with good friends that I have made over the years. You finish school, you move to a new city or country even, and time and life makes it harder to keep in touch. I wanted to create a series that celebrates old friends, from grade school through college and through the last 8 years of my life after college. Hooray for friends!"

I completely agree with that sentiment and I wholeheartedly second her hooray for friends! That last image isn't from that series, but I like it, so decided to end with it. Happy weekend everyone! Oh and don't forget to enter to win a $30 gift certificate to Galit Barak's etsy shop- who needs some pretty new crocheted metal jewelry? You do!





No comments:

Post a Comment