Friday, April 24, 2009

Inspired Image: Erica of PS- I Made This


Hello, my name is
Erica Domesek.

You can find me at ps-imadethis.com and follow me twitter.com/psimadethis.

This image comes from the leftover champagne corks from my friends baby shower.

It inspires me because cork is such a fantastic material. It’s light, has great texture and coloring. Great material for spring!

I particularly love that there were ANCHORS on the champagne corks. I’m really into ALL things nautical.

It makes me feel creative when I can use everyday objects and invent, design, and create a new use or style!

The 3 words it conjures up are unexpected, chic, dramatic.

***

Also check out Erica’s fantastic Craft Club webisodes for Alloy’s Teen.com TV. The latest one is on “channeling your inner flower child with a chic headpiece”. I’m a little in awe on all accounts with today’s post. Such great crafting ideas and excellent branding design, right? So happy that I could introduce you to Erica’s site. Oh, and here's another of her cork projects, the Cork-tastic necklace, just for fun (and because it's amazing!).





Okay, I need to be a little NYC-centric for the moment: It’s forecast to be 85 degrees and sunny tomorrow and Sunday. I’m not sure if I have always been this antsy about warmer weather getting here, but I definitely have spring fever this year. And to celebrate the weather, I’m considering a trip to the Botanic Garden…or Ooh, maybe the Cloisters. I will let you know where I end up Monday! Have a lovely weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment