Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mom's Quilt Update #2

Here is the recent progress I've made on my traveling quilt project- and since I was in the car for a few hours this past Saturday, we have two full rows done!

I'm really enjoying how the fabrics are working together and that the pieces are thin because I know that eventually, when I quilt around each rectangle, the result will be heavily quilted. And I like that. I'd gotten some new gray thread last week that's specifically meant for hand quilting since it has a thin coat of wax. This has turned out to be a life saver since I didn't realize the one I was using was actually meant for a machine. Which is why I kept getting little knots. Which was incredibly frustrating.
This is my view in the car using my jeans to hold pins. What you don't see is that I had all of my pieces spread out next to me, but luckily I had a whole row to myself so I don't think anyone minded. I was with my mom while I was doing this and it was really fun to keep showing it to her because this way she is seeing the steps involved and will likely remember the days we spent together when I was working on it.

I'm going to post the winner of the EllynAnne Geisel books momentarily, so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment