Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Fourth (and Fifth) Quilts: Florals and Polka Dots

I made this quilt in 2008-2009 for my friends Dan and Virginia who were married around that time. I chose the fabrics to fit their personalities and even though it took a while, it was a joy to make for them since they were entering such an exciting time in their lives. They recently moved into a new house and the quilt lives in their bedroom, where it's a lovely compliment to their blue walls and white duvet.

Here you can see it in action in Virginia and Dan's very pretty (though suitably masculine) bedroom. I am very happy that the quilt works so well with the blue of their walls.



And here's a close up!

After I finished V's quilt, I got to work making my parents a wall hanging for their house. For those of you who have been reading for a while, you will remember this one (and I'm remembering that this is not my best photo ever- sorry!), so I won't repeat myself. To learn more about it, and see my process, click here.








4 comments:

  1. Funny-- our walls are actually gray! I chose it because I love that dark gray/pale yellow color combo and adore how the yellow and orange in the quilt pops in here. it is a blue-gray so maybe it looks more blue in pictures. Regardless, the quilt, as everyone can see, is perfection and so sunshine-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm very amazed that I got your color wrong since I know your house color palette so well, but this picture does make it look blue-gray. Regardless, it's a lovely slate color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been quilting for nearly 30 years and have only hand quilted three quilts! Love your work ethic. It is so much easier to have someone put them on a machine.

    ReplyDelete