Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Highlights: Bluebells!


Saturday afternoon was very sunny with a touch of chill in the air, which meant that we headed out to enjoy some fresh air with a long walk. We found a new spot, Walnut Woods State Park, which while not filled with the hiking trails I long to exist in Iowa, it had a lovely walking path that was long enough for a nice walk. AND, the bluebells!

Oh my, I stopped and stared when I came around the bend and saw them surrounding trees as far as I could see. There were a smattering of couples with cameras, so this isn't exactly a secret spot, but it did feel rather magical to come across them unexpectedly. The afternoon light on the periwinkle flowers was just stunning and it made me feel extremely grateful to be experiencing spring.

Other highlights of the weekend included a surprise lemon tart, my first night spent by a fire pit of the season, and a pot of sauce on Sunday. It's been a little hectic, so I'm definitely making more of an effort to notice the small stuff.

Lovely photo via Pye42 on flickr as I didn't have my camera with me. The field I saw looked remarkably similar to this photo.

1 comment:

  1. I just had to send along a great big thank you for posting this gorgeous springtime image of the bluebells - one of my most favorite wild flowers. I am always stumbling upon lovely shots when I have decided not to carry my camera! Here is to many more happy discoveries around every bend in the path!

    ReplyDelete