Yesterday I felt like I was back in school, eagerly awaiting a holiday break. I guess that feeling of anticipation never really goes away so I am thankful that we have a half day today. After I posted yesterday's giveaway, which you should TOTALLY enter if you haven't already!, I realized that I should also share what I'm most thankful for this Thanksgiving. So here, in no particular order, is where I'm sending my gratitude this year.
1. My creative community both here in Des Moines and online which is an endless source of inspiration and motivation.
2. Knowing that big changes that are made for the right reasons, even when they feel terrifying and seemingly crazy, have enormously positive payoffs.
3. For my friends near and far who make my world such an amazing place.
4. The support of my family.
5. My kitchen, which has given me space (literally, physical space) to explore my love of cooking and baking.
6. For love itself.
I for one am looking forward to a few days off and to a slice (or two) of pumpkin pie. I wish you all a wonderful holiday and I look forward to seeing you back here next Monday.
Image of Bourbon Pumpkin Pie via epicurious.