I finished my other pillow! I opted to do something similar since it turns out I like pairs, but the fronts (the patchworked part) are different on each. The second one turned out much better—it fits better and I measured carefully enough that the back panel has proper overlap but doesn't gap. And here you can see them where they'll mostly be living on my couch.
Here's a link to my full tutorial and to see the inspiration for these from the story we did on Denyse Schmidt in the Dec/Jan issue of ReadyMade. Thanks for all of your encouragement after I finished the first one—I'm very happy with how these turned out!