Friday, March 11, 2011

My Sister's Dress, Update #1


Partly because I've fallen in love with stitching in this style, and partly because I wanted my sister to have a dress that was in the same family, aesthetically speaking, as mine, we decided to get her a dress from Alabama Chanin too. It's the same length as mine and a similar cut that is very flattering on everyone I've seen it on. It arrived with my dress and is just the loveliest shade of pink (it doesn't really come through in these photos, so trust me on that one. It's interesting because this time, I'm stitching onto a dress that is all put together, so I know what it is  looking like as I go along.


I'm doing free style eyelets in two shades of pink and with some in beading along the bottom third and while it's a tad intimidating (not surprising!), I think it will be really pretty when it's finished. Plus, it's significantly less work than my dress was, so that in itself is rather exciting.



Here's a look at what I've done this week. I will most likely finish the panel that I'm on over the weekend and I'll update you as I go. I also plan to add some beading to the stitching on the neckline to give it a little sparkle.

1 comment: