Monday, April 11, 2011

The First Buds


After another weekend with temps in the 70s, I have to say I'm officially interested in this weather sticking around. I love having to put on sunscreen and a hat to go out and work in the garden, and how just standing in the warm sun can be the most delightful thing.

 I did more than just standing and admiring the tiny buds though—I also filled ten yard compost bags and cleaned out the flower beds that I didn't get to last weekend in the hopes that I can start to figure out what plants we want to put where this year. 

 I've also realized that while I love that we have a big yard because it means that there is plenty of space for raised beds, apple trees, and squirrels and birds to run around, it is a lot of area to take care of! So I did just enough to let the plants breathe and then I spent much of the weekend reading on the porch, taking these photos, and sewing.

 But it's vastly reassuring to see this new growth and to watch it day by day. We're approaching a year of living in our house and it brings me quite a lot of joy to be entering our second growing season here.


1 comment:

  1. love these pics, love this time of the year
    its true taking care of plants is a lot of work
    i can barely keep up with caring for my pots in my veranda!

    ReplyDelete