Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I haven't been able to spend as much time making things as I'd like (due to the whole packing up and moving out of my nyc apt) and after a visit to Purl Patchwork with my sister over the weekend, I decided that I needed to spend at least a few hours this week on a creative pursuit. I know that making something will help me feel grounded and restored, even as I'm currently in-between homes. So that's my plan for today! And to share a bit of that energy with you, here are a few of my current favorite craft-related finds from around the web.
Sewn (via Whip Up). This sounds so amazing, and I hope it's like Ravelry but for sewers!
"SEWN is new online quilting and sewing community for all lovers of fabric crafts. We have Tips and Innovative Tools to help with your projects, an Advice Centre for all your sewing questions, online forums and chats, and information on your local shops, sewing groups, quilt groups and classes. SEWN will feature designers and shops from Australia and New Zealand, as well as the latest from the USA, Canada, Europe and Japan. There will be articles, interviews and tutorials from industry experts, competitions and free patterns! We’ll even be reporting via podcast from craft shows around Australia and the USA. Get ready for the official launch of SEWN in June 2009."

Info on diy stamp carving at Geninne's Art Blog and a handy tutorial. A friend of mine has been having a little difficulty finding stamps for a project she's working on and I knew that it was possible to make them at home, but I didn't actually know how until reading this.

Card crafts (which I will always be partial to after doing so many at the Hallmark magazine) at bgh.com from Ez Pudewa of Creature Comforts and Brittni Wood of papernstitch.com.




I'm at my parents for a few days sorting out the business of getting a car before starting the journey to Iowa, but I am going to quilt and work on a top SECRET project that I will reveal next week. I am also aware that I am very lucky to have a bit of free time before starting my new job, so I'm going to try to make the most of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment