Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

I thought I'd take a few moments to share some of my recent favorites with you. This is a very random assortment, but I think each speaks to the mood I'm in lately...filled with gratitude, enjoying the vibrancy of summer and inspired to carve out some time to sew very, very soon. I also find that whenever the pace at work speeds up, as it's about to, I am more in need of visual inspiration, so I've decided to go with it!

Large Scallop Pouches (shown above) from Pat & Cake on etsy. I recently broke the zipper on a makeup bag I've had for years and years and am on the market for a new one. I adore the colors and the style of these and I can image taking one out of a suitcase on the other end of a long day of traveling and being very happy.

Things to Do poster from my friends at Ephemera. Sweet little reminders perfect for making each day a little more meaningful.

It's really very simple:

1. Stop. Look. Listen.
(the most important things are happening right now, right in front of you)

2. List the things you'd like to do.
(now get started. However small. However grandly.

3. Say "hello" and "thank you" and "bless you."
(appreciate the people who share your path)

4. Surprise someone. Surprise yourself.
(life is so very short.)

5. Do one kind thing. And then do another...
(see what happens)

Tana Lawn Liberty of London fabric. I've had my eye on this one for a few months and since I'm already swimming in uncompleted sewing projects, I've held off. But I love the colors and the pattern so very much.

The Gray Bed set from Les Indiennes. My bedding is about 6 years old and since my last apartment had very large windows and my bed was in direct sun for most of the day, my sheets are seriously faded (which is fine with me except that it's really uneven so they just look Old). I'm planning to make myself a new duvet at some point and get plain white (or another neutral color) sheets to go with it, but until then I'm dreaming of this quilt. I love the soft gray on white palette.


Le Jardin Pillow from Mireio. Check out this description:
"Featuring a stunning piece of crewel embroidery from the early 1920s that I just couldn't resist salvaging. Gorgeous berry and salmon pink blooms are accented with deep lichen and gold foliage. The spray of flowers is almost architectural, reminiscent of the vining you might find in old iron gates. The handwork is raised and has such an amazing texture. There are a few imperfections--due to the age of this handworked piece--but they don't detract from the beauty in any way." Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, great links!! I love that poster and now have to find a perfect spot for it so that it can come live in my house!

    ReplyDelete