Friday, August 14, 2009

Inspired Image: Elizabeth of Chimney Rock Winery

Hello, my name is Elizabeth Vianna

This image comes from Napa Valley. This is one of my best friends who also makes wine, with his older son a few years ago.

It inspires me because it is a reminder of the beauty of our daily surroundings in the Napa Valley and makes me feel connected to the land. It is a reminder that our wines in the end always represent a place and its people.

I particularly love the joy in Will's expression as he is thrown into the air by his father.

It makes me feel lucky to be a winemaker, responsible for the beautiful land we tend to, happy to be alive.

The 3 words it conjures up are friends, joy, and yes of course, wine.


I've known Elizabeth for many, many years and I am very fortunate to be able to consider her part of my family. She is very smart and talented, dispenses wise advice and, very importantly, she makes amazing wines for Chimney Rock. I love the context of the vines here and am so happy that she was able to share this image with us. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment