Friday, May 6, 2011

The Tie is the Thing

We're in the home stretches of finishing up our wedding attire and I cannot wait for Josh's ties to arrive to us. I had seen the work of Anabela of fieldguided and approached her about making us a few custom ties using Liberty of London fabric. I sourced the fabric (from Purl, of course) to keep costs down (and also to make it easier on Anabela!) and we went with two that were fairly close to our color palette to give us a choice.

We're both pretty sure we'll be going with the one on the left on the big day since it's subtle, classy, with just a bit of whimsy and color. I like how the tan will pick up the undertones of my dress and that it will stand out on Josh's white shirt. Some of my favorite aspects of our wedding are the handmade touches, like my dress and my sister's dress,fie and I'm so glad that we were able to incorporate some of that uniqueness into Josh's ensemble.

Now if only I could find earrings (that look as lovely in person as they do online) and a clutch, we might be totally set!

2 comments:

  1. wish i could see in person :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these - perfect for an outdoor wedding. I'm sharing with two friends planning summer soirees. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete