Friday, July 31, 2009

Inspired Image: Cara of Little Pretties


Hello, my name is
Cara Veeder of Little Pretties

You can find me at caraveeder@gmail.com (until I get my website up, which will hopefully be really soon!)

This image comes from Picnic by Ellie's photostream on flickr.com

It inspires me because I've always loved children's book illustrations from the 50s and 60s. Though I grew up as a child of the 80s, my parents used to read me books from THEIR childhoods, so the vintage illustrations are nostalgic for me and hold a special place in my heart!

I particularly love the bright candy colors (and the cute little bunny in the bottom left corner!)

It makes me feel happy and young at heart.

The 3 words it conjures up are bright, playful, timeless
.


Cara will be one of the very talented people helping out at the Des Moines Swap-O-Rama-Rama tomorrow, a clothing swap and day of workshops being held over at the Des Moines Social Club. A bunch of my favorite local crafty people will be there as well (and they have 250 copies of the hot-off-the-presses issue of ReadyMade to give out!) so I'm going to try to stop by. But most of the day I'll be playing shop girl at Ephemera Stationary Studio, watching the shop while the owners are on vacation—so I'll report back on Monday on how my retail experience goes! Have a great one and check out two earring designs from Cara below!






2 comments:

  1. Hi Everyone! This is Cara. I forgot to say that you can also find me on Facebook. (www.facebook.com/SuperCara)
    Thanks for stopping by!!! Stay Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shoutout to Swap-O-Rama-Rama! Everyone looooved the magazines. It was a really nice added touch to the event, especially since a lot of it was about upcycled fashion!

    I still have yet to stop into Ephemera, but I definitely want to soon. :]

    ReplyDelete