Friday, July 17, 2009

Inspired Image: Arin of Ephemera Design


Hello my name is Arin.

You can find me at ephemeradesign.com or behind the counter of my sweet little shop, Ephemera Stationary Studio in downtown Des Moines.

This image comes from McMorr's photostream on Flickr (it's called Harvest Time in Iowa).

It inspires me because it invites me to imagine the story of this structure and urges me to tell that story in a creative way.

I particularly love how it reminds me of the slow pace of every lazy summer day in the only place that I know to call "home".

It makes me feel like I should spend even more time exploring, dallying, and cloud gazing in blue jeans with holes in the knees.

The 3 words it conjures up are simplistic, authentic and expansive.


Make sure you tune in next week to see an image pick from Karen, Arin's partner at the delightful Ephemera—a shop where you go in to buy a lovely card or two and you walk out with that plus two new friends!

1 comment:

  1. That is a really beautiful image, very cheerful. :)

    -Melissa
    http://dazzledbeader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete