Friday, September 11, 2009

Inspired Image: Amy of My Saturnalia


Hello my name is Amy Neill.
You can find me at www.mysaturnalia.etsy.com
This image comes from artist Beth Weintraub I found her on the site www.dearada.typepad.com
It inspires me because I love etchings and patterns and the way she works with color.
I particularly love the delicateness and texture of the piece.
It makes me feel like I need to do more collage. Explore deeper and reach higher...
3 words it conjures up are depth, movement, femininity.


Amy sells lovely photographs and mixed media collage in her etsy shop and I couldn't resist sharing a few images of hers with you here.



I hope that one of these images sparks a little bit of creativity in you and that you find some time to play with that over the weekend. I'm heading to Chicago to go to Renegade Craft Fair on behalf of ReadyMade (and to spend some time with my brother and hopefully eat at Rick Bayless' new restaurant!), but I'll be sure to report back about the highlights of the fair right here next week. Though if you're interested, I'll be blogging over the weekend (and tweeting! follow us twitter.com/readymadetweets!) at readymade.com, so come on over and see what the Renegade fuss is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment