Thursday, April 22, 2010

Link Love: Patchwork Possibilities


I feel like I've been seeing more and more patchwork lately (though perhaps I'm seeing more because I have become much more interested in seeing more? Hmmm) and it's been giving me some fantastic creative energy.


I just learned about Fat Quarterly, a new e-magazine "written by modern sewists for modern sewists". I am WAY excited about this and I cannot wait to see the first issue. Above is some work from comfortstitches which appears in the FQ flickr pool. The pattern for the one below also in their flickr pool from flossybossy will be featured in the first issue.




If you follow my posts over on ReadyMade, you'll know that I posted this chair from Anna Maria Horner yesterday. If you don't, aren't these chairs pure amazingness? I believe I will now be on the hunt to find my own stash of vintage quilting blocks so I can do something similar...

And finally, I'm in need of a new shower curtain and while I have a gift card for Bed Bath burning a hole in my wallet, making my own—one I may surely enjoy more—is rather tempting. Especially now that I have this shower curtain tutorial from Design Sponge in my back pocket.


Don't forget, you have until 5 today to enter to win a free necklace of your choosing from Natayla!


4 comments:

  1. oooh this is really inspirational! I love the first picture. I did some wonky blocks a while back, but nothing this wonky. I'm also totally making my own shower curtain when I move in June. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first pic!! That would be a perfect baby quilt!! Does any one know where the pic is from or what the pattern is??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the link to take you directly to the blog post about the first one:
    http://comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk/comfortstitching/2010/04/scrappy-rainbow.html

    That should help you find the info on how to make it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colours and shapes in the first quilt especially :)

    ReplyDelete