Thursday, March 12, 2009

Custom Dresses: Lemonstory

A friend of mine sent me these lovely dresses and tops from Etsy seller Lemonstory by Kimenna (her real name is Anna) and OH, they are so my style! I love the soft, muted colors (did you know gray is very big this year?) and the detailing of the pleats and ruffles. Everything is custom-made based on your measurements and the prices (which are reasonable less for a one of a kind garment) reflect the time it takes to make each piece.
Here’s an excerpt from a featured seller interview she did over at Etsy. It gives just enough of the back story to get a feel for how Anna approaches her work.

“My name is Anna. I am 24 years old and live in Brooklyn. I attended Parsons, the New School for Design, majoring in Fashion Design. After school I worked at a fashion clothing company and also worked as a freelancer. Then I decided to make clothes with my own two hands when I found out about Etsy.”

“I named my line ‘Lemonstory’ because the color lemon usually makes me feel bright and warm when I see it. I wanted to give smiles and happiness to people who wear Lemonstory, whose styles are structured with touches of femininity and unique twists. When I make clothes I like to think about the customer opening up a package, trying on a piece and loving it forever and ever.”

Make sure you check in tomorrow to see the Inspired Image from Jan of Poppytalk.

**And, my friend over at Everyday with Rachael Ray emailed me about a contest they have going on. They are looking for readers to design a back-to-school inspired centerpiece... it can be anything, just so long as it's back-to-school-y (it's for their September issue). Click here for more information. If you need some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing, you can see all of their centerpieces here. If you win, your name and the centerpiece will run in the magazine, along with the likes of fancy designers like Orla Kiely, Jonathan Adler and Vera Wang. If you're a teacher or have kids, it could be really fun to have your little ones come up with an idea to do as a fun class or after school project!

No comments:

Post a Comment