Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Project: Quilt Planning

I went home to NJ this weekend to spend some quality time with my parents. My mom mentioned how she would love to receive one of my quilts, but since I've been and continue to be busy making quilts for big life events for friends, I know it will be a while before I get around to making her a full-sized one. So I decided that I will make her a wall hanging, which will be small enough for me to work on it when I travel. Perfect solution!

We picked out the fabric that's above, but I feel like it's missing something. I'm considering these two (see the first one here, and the second here) to incorporate into the mix.


I'm thinking that I'm going to get a yard of each of these and then use the bold one on the bottom in the first photo for the backing fabric. That way I can use it for the border as well and it won't overwhelm the rest of the fabrics. Thoughts? Do we think this will work? My next step is to decide on the pattern, though I'm going to wait until I have all of the fabric all on hand before I tackle that. Then, I'm going to show you this as I go along so you can see it in progress. I figure it will be a great way to stay motivated!


1 comment:

  1. oh! i really like the first, busier one. it just make a statement...but maybe since the backing fabric is so bold, you want the front to all be subtle?
    oh they are just so beautiful! how inspiring!

    ReplyDelete