Thursday, March 26, 2009

Q & A: Kiley of Cherry Blossom Designs

Today I'm happy to share the work and words of Kiley D. Smith, the talented lady behind Cherry Blossoms Designs. She emailed me recently to let me know about her line of sweet handmade hair accessories for little girls. And since I am in the market for some baby gifts for friends, I was instantly interested. Take a look and scroll down to read a bit about her company and to find out where she finds her inspiration.


Where do you live?

I live in a quaint little town in Virginia.

What did you do before you started Cherry Blossoms?
I graduated college in 2005 and majored in Theater and minored in English. After graduation I worked at the College as an Assistant Admissions Counselor while my husband got his Masters. We got pregnant half way through his schooling and I started Cherry Blossoms after I had my little girl {after I couldn't find anything cute, unique, or comfortable accessory-wise for her to wear}

Is this your fulltime work?
No, I am a full time mom to my daughter Ella and Cherry Blossoms is part time for me. It keeps the creative part of me working and it relaxes me after a day of laundry, diapers, and cleaning.

What's the best part about running your own business?
That I can make my own hours!

Do you have a favorite product that you've made?
Oh goodness that's a really tough question. I really love my Cluster Hydrangea adjustable headband. I like it because it adjusts to the size of your childs head {so its never too tight or too loose} I also love it because its perfect for a wedding, party, picnic, or just playing around at home.




What makes your accessories different than the ones we could buy at a mass market store?
All of my items are handmade by me, so because of that each one is unique. I also use the highest quality of artificial flowers that you can buy. They are soft to the touch and feel just like real flower petals. My hair accessories are made to stay put, grow with your child, be comfortable, adorable, unique, and elegant! All of my items have been worn and tested on my child for durability, comfort, etc. I would never put something on another child that I wouldn't put on my own.

Who inspires you?
My daughter and My husband inspire me everyday. They are both so amazing, I am so lucky to have them in my life!

What's the best part of your day?
When I get to spend time with my husband and daughter. Family means everything to me so anything we do together is the "best" part of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment