Friday, March 20, 2009

Inspired Image: Michelle Brusegaard

I just love how diverse these images have been! Michelle is an extremely talented designer and painter and she has some lovely silk-screened tea towels and napkins (among other pretty things!) in her etsy shop. They'd make a perfect housewarming or shower gift. Have a great weekend everyone! Here's more from her about this image:


Hello, my name is Michelle Brusegaard.

You can find me at
:
www.michellebrusegaard.com
michellebrusegaard.etsy.com
michellebrusegaard.blogspot.com

This image comes from a fabric that is currently on display at the Minneapolis Institute of the Arts. It’s part of the Jack Lenor Larsen on the Silk Road exhibit, and the designer is Don Wight.

It inspires me because I am fascinated with pattern and it’s origins! The exhibit is a collection of fabrics inspired by Jack Lenor Larsen’s visit to the “silk road.” This particular piece is based on cave paintings in Dunhuang, China. As a designer fabric, I just love the idea that this could have been your couch when it was in print….and that there could be so much history in your couch because of the fabric’s exquisite design.

I particularly love that in person, it’s printed on velvet, and I love velvet!

It makes me feel like making patterns! And the colors are also quite soothing, while the design is active. So I guess it makes me feel calmly active.

The 3 words it conjures up are water, modern, olives.




1 comment: