Friday, March 27, 2009

Inspired Image: Tiffani Taylor

Hello my name is Tiffani Taylor.

You can find me at www.TiffaniArt.com

This image comes from www.theconstantgatherer.com

It inspires me because it is reminiscent of childhood and sweeter times. It is wonderful to be greeted at your door by such a sweet bird and beautiful piece of artwork! I also love the wreaths hanging in trios or solo in any and every room of the house. Each wreath is one-of-a-kind and assembled with vintage materials by the artist.

I particularly love that the wreath is a functional piece of artwork. I love the little “hello, friend!” sign and the little flower on the bird’s head. Katie’s vintage birds with flower adornments always remind a little of Frida Kahlo and the large decorative flowers she wore in her hair…

It makes me feel hopeful and very, very happy.

The 3 words it conjures up are lovely, inspiring, and spring!



Tiffani creates lovely painted pottery and drawer pulls, as well as original paintings and notecards that feature her artwork. I first interviewed her for a story in the Hallmark Magazine and have never forgotten hearing about her studio, which overlooks her garden in Savannah. It sounded like an ideal place to be creative. Here are a few of Tiffani's products that I just love.

Charger Paris Hydrangea from a line that includes pitchers, bowls and mugs.
Sweet Plump Bird bowl. I love how Tiffani includes handwriting in her creations.
8 Folded Note cards, 2 of each (they are 5x5) are included in the set.


Make sure you check back on Monday because the weekend project that I'm planning to share with you comes with a giveaway! Hooray for lovely free things!

2 comments:

  1. Tiffani's creations are all very pretty. I love those note cards!

    Amy, your links in this post are not working ...you have to take out your blog URL in them and make them direct links to their websites. E-mail me if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for letting me know Pat, I fixed them!

    ReplyDelete