Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Homemade Tote Bag


One of the things I'm planning to do this year (in addition to baking all of the granola I eat and starting a quilting project that I intent to keep for myself) is to sew myself a bag. I have very basic sewing skills (and call my friend Katherine whenever I get stuck in a bad place with my bobbin!), but I think I'm going to try a bag like this one made by Michelle of Cicada Daydream. (She actually designed the green fabric as well, which she sells in her Etsy shop as part of her Mod Quad collection.) She made the majority of the bag from a fat quarter, which sounds so simple that I already believe I can pull this project off! Since I've been so resourceful with using up the leftover fabric in my stash for projects like my blog banner and the current quilt I'm working on, I'm going to see if I can make it to Purl Patchwork over the weekend. I'll let you know if I find some good fabric options!

Also, if any of you are working on craft projects or have a delicious recipe that you'd like to share, please email me at thingswemake at gmail dot com. I'd love to be able to post some of your ideas as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment