Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Holiday To-Do List

I am amazed that Christmas is nearly two weeks away and I've realized that it's about time I kick my preparations into gear! This post is going to serve two purposes, to let you know my plans for gifts and to help me get a better handle on what's left to do. Last year, I made all of my gifts, which is impressive now that I've had some distance and realize what a major time investment that was. This year, I'm making two of them and I have a feeling that it's going to come down to the wire. Here's my plan:

1. Make a batch of granola to send to family I won't see over the holidays.
2. Finish my mom's quilt.
3. Finish the project that is above, which will remain a secret for now! Though I will say that I'm patchworking an old feed sack bag as part of the process.
4. Make holiday cards (I'm planning to use fabric, Mod Podge and paper with a method I used in this card).
5. Decide how I'm wrapping my presents.
6. Decide on the two remaining men in my life I need gifts for.
7. Decide what I'm doing for my coworkers. This will likely be a food gift.

What about all of you? What do your holiday preparations look like and what things are you planning on making?

I am currently looking out my window at a pile of snow, so depending on how the snow removal goes today, I might actually get to work on one of these projects for a bit. It's a busy time at work so I doubt I'll get to take a full snow day, but I'm going to see if I can fit in a snow hour or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment