Thursday, May 6, 2010

Link Love: Up A Tree


















I am enjoying all of the leafy goodness that is happening around my house and it's made me more in tune with nature-inspired crafts. Here are some of my current favorites.


Above is the most darling Cherry on the Tree Swing embroidery pdf pattern from comfortstitches. I love Aneela's whimsical designs and that her blog is such a fantastic source of both quilting and embroidery info.
























I'm going through a bit of a brooch phase and while it was hard to choose something to highlight from Lou Lou & Oscar from Lisa Aaron (go look at her etsy shop and you'll see why), this sweet Little Wooden Brooch fit for today. It's printed with a midnight blue ink and would be completely fetching on a simple blazer.




















I believe that we're a little past cherry blossom season, but that might make enjoying this Three Piece Cherry Blossom cross stitch set from Whimsy and Charm all the more appropriate. Tanya actually mostly makes "tsumami kanzashi", which is the process of taking small squares of silk and folding them (sort of like origami) into individual flower petals. i then take these petals and form them into a lovely little flower." So be sure to take a look at that part of her shop as well.



I'm going to try to remember/find time to take some photos of the yard and house this weekend to share with you on Monday—I'm on iris watch as they are getting pretty close to blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment